Just because the gorgeous Spectrum Gardenia has a rainbow of colors in the collections, doesn’t mean you have to create rainbow projects every time. I have chosen to pick 2 colors to work with, and love the results. There is so much in the collections to coordinate with each color. Of course, the colorful projects are wonderful, but you have an array of color choices to choose from, which makes Spectrum Gardenia exceptional.
I used the flower colors Salmon and Olive to compliment the colors in the paper. Salmon matches perfectly. Olive brings out the foliage used in the layout. I used the black frame from the Gardenia Ephemera Bits collection, and used Nuvo drops to outline the inner part of the frame. I dry brushed the flowers and leaves using white gesso.
I created 3 floral clusters to frame the photo of my daughter and granddaughter. I used Gardenia Leaves and Eucalyptus rub-ons all around the design. I love using rub-ons to fill in the design sometimes. Before I set the photo in the frame, I spattered some green spray for added texture effects. I popped some sweet little chipboard hearts around the photo.
I placed a piece of Gardenia Palettes Fabric tape onto white cardstock, then cut it into strips, and cut each strip into a banner. I stacked 4 strips as a base for the sentiments. I used Eucalyptus Rub-ons around the cluster of sentiments.
49 and Market products:
- Spectrum Gardenia Painted Foundations – Brushstrokes – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Ephemera Bits – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Chipboard Set – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Chipboard Words – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – 6×8 Leaves Rub-on Transfer Set – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – 4″ Palettes Fabric Tape – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Filmstrip Frames – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Eucalyptus – 6×8 Rub-on Transfer Set – 49 and Market
- Florets Paper Flowers – Mango – 49 and Market
- Royal Spray – Olive Paper Flowers – 49 and Market
- Royal Posies – Olive Paper Flowers – 49 and Market
- Garden Petals – Salmon – 49 and Market
Thank you for joining me this week for another project using the beautiful, versatile, Spectrum Gardenia collection.
You are sure to fall in love with it.
Don’t forget to visit the 49 and Market blog every day as there is so much gorgeous inspiration from the designers.