Today, I’m up on 49 and Market blog with a new video tutorial. I chose a photo of the Eiffel Tower that was taken at the end of Autumn. You know when the leaves start to fall, when all the colors seem to be a shade of grey … I used the beautiful Vintage Artistry Wedgewood collection.
Before priming the background (Sunset – VA Wedgewood) with clear gesso, I stamped randomly with Pascale’s Rations stamp set and a grey Archival ink. Next, I primed the background with clear gesso. While the clear gesso was drying, I prepared some leaves and branches. I want to have elements that remind the color of nude trees like the ones in the photo. I die cut some leaves in a black paper sprayed with silver ink and paint. I die cut also a few branches and leaves in watercolor paper.
I colored the branches with black silver and brown inks. I wanted to have a few leaves with Autumn colors, that will remind the colors of the merry-go-round from the photo. So I colored the leaves with green and orange inks. I added a design with a stencil and paper paste to the background. And while the paste was still wet, I sprinkled it with a coral embossing powder and heated set the powder.
I layered some elements from the Wedgewood Ephemera Stack and Stitched Frames under the photo. Next, I added Storm Wildflowers and Butterscotch Sugar Posies around the photo with the die-cut elements I’ve prepared. To finish the layout I added glitters, sequins, and microbeads.
And here is the video:
49 and Market products:
- Starburst – Lindy’s Gang (Black Orchid Silver, Green With Envy Green, Canna Lilly Burnt Orange);
- Moonshadow Mist – Lindy’s Gang (Long John’s Silver);
- Glitz Spritz – Lindy’s Gang (Scintillating Silver);
- Embossing Powders – Lindy’s Gang (Byzantine Bronze);
- Chipboard – Dusty Attic (Mini Tag #3);
- Die – Sizzix (Skeleton Leaves);
- Die – Memory Box (Leafy Branch);
- Stencil – Finnabair Prima (Read My Letter);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Microbeads Luminous Set);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima Paper Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel, 3D Matte Gel).