Today I’m up on 49 and Market blog with a new vintage layout. I worked with another family photo taken in 1909 or 1910. In the photo, you can see my great-grandparents, my paternal grandfather on the left, and his two sisters.
- First, prime the background with clear gesso. It would protect the paper from all the media that we are going to put on it;
- Add a design with white crackle paste and a stencil;
- When dry, color the background around the design. Add water to obtain subtle color.
- Stamp randomly with the Harmony Springtime and brown Archival ink;
- Next, cut two papers of your choice to place under one 4×6 File Frame and one 3×4 File Frame;
- Put more or less the elements of the composition in place to see where you will add the leaves rub-ons from the Essentials collection;
- Continue to add rub-ons: the splatters with text. Be careful, they are really addictive!
- When done, start to glue all the elements of the composition: the File Frames, and flowers from the Royal Spray and the Majestic Bouquet sets;
- Add more color to the background;
- To finish, add glitter and microbeads.
I hope you will enjoy the video
49 and Market products:
- Spray – Lindy’s Gang (My Mojito Green, Green with Envy Green, Phantom Fuschia, Open Arms Amethyst);
- Stencil – Prima (Poppies);
- Prills – US Art Quest (Gilt Trip);
- Glitter – BFS (Dusty Rose);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (White Crackle Paste);
- Art Basic – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, 3D Matte Gel, Soft Gloss Gel).