Today I’m up on 49 and Market with a mixed media layout.
First, I’ve glued my Paper 4 from the Color Switch Toast collection to a cardboard as the composition will be heavy. I primed the background with clear gesso.
I primed all the resin elements with clear gesso. I painted the gears with a dark brown paint, then added some copper wax. I used only waxes for the feathers: first Charcoal a grey-blue matte wax, then a black one to darken the color, and finally the copper.
I colored the Celery Wildflowers with brown inks to obtain a color more suitable for my composition.
I selected a few Frames to add under my photo. Then I decided to add a white touch to the composition. I chose some cards from the Envelope Bits set from the Color Swatch Toast collection.
I began the composition with the biggest elements: the gears and the feathers. Then I added the photo with the frames. I continued with the flowers. When happy with the result, I added a few Acetate Leaves and a couple of butterflies.
To finish, I added some glitter.
49 and Market products:
- Color Swatch Toast – 12×12 Collection Paper Pack – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Toast Paper #4 – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Toast – Frame Set – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Toast – Envelope Bits – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Toast – Acetate Leaves – 49 and Market
- Wildflowers Paper Flowers – Celery – 49 and Market
- Florets Paper Flowers – Plum – 49 and Market
I hope you find some inspiration.
See you soon!