Nuneka today on the blog with a spring-like canvas, full of beautiful flowers and lovely details with a vintage touch. For this project I wanted to create a kind of distressed and crackle wall look in the background, so I cover my round canvas with gesso and applied crackle paste. While it was drying I selected two papers from Irrevocable Beauty collection (Petrarch and Sonnet), to make some layers, as if was old paper wall peeling off.
I color the crackled area of the canvas with Lindy’s sprays, using similar colors to those in the papers. Then I add some details using different stamps from Gabi’s Ethereal Stamp Set and Gratitude Today Stamp Set. Then I ink the edges of the canvas and add some gold texture paste through a stencil.
I protect the pieces of papers with clear gesso, I always do because even if I don’t add any products on top, they get more consistency and don’t suffer any damage if I glue them or if I decide to apply anything later. I ink the edges and use the same stamps and stencil to add some interest in some of them.
I glue all the paper layers using pieces of cardboard between them to add dimension. Then I glue some fussy cut flowers I saved from Sonnet paper page, and the chipboards. I build the composition around the photo with lots of gorgeous 49 and market flowers and added some Layered Elements.
49 and Market products:
- Finnabair: Heavy Gesso White, Texture Paste White Crackle, Icing Paste (Gold), Mica Flakes, Microbeads, Soft Gloss Gel
- Lindy’s Gang: Sprays (Gossamer Gold, Sea Grass Green, Tea Pot Purple, Golden Sleigh Bells)
- Sinlogos: Stencil by Nuneka
- The Dusty Attic: chipboards (Fancy Trim 15, Leafy Frame Set 2)
- Others: brown, black, pink, purple, green ink pads;
- Golden acrylic paint