I’m back again to share another layout showing the beauty and versatility of 49 and Market. I used the gorgeous Spectrum Gardenia collection here, using muted colors instead of the beautiful bright colors of the collection. I chose these colors because of the colors in the photo. This is one of my favorite photos, and these papers and embellies worked perfectly to showcase it.
I chose Gardenia Painted Foundations Brushstroke for the background. I added a few strips of the Palettes Fabric tape over the orange brushstrokes to bring out the blue in the photo. You’ll see a little later down the post. Here is the upper left of the layout. I started with a rub-on from the Gardenia Extras Rub-on Transfer Set behind the corner of the photo. The photo was then matted with a frame from the Color Swatch Ocean Frame Set. I tucked in 2 black and white striped frames from the Gardenia Ephemera Bits with a small blue strip from the Gardenia Essential Laser Cut Elements behind it.
On the bottom left is where I placed my main floral cluster. I used leaves from the Gardenia Leaves Laser Cut Elements tucked in beneath the flowers. I used Wildflowers Pacific, buds from Royal Spray Ocean Jade, and a couple from my stash. The flowers were a perfect match to the blues in the photo. Then the golden brown leaves accented the paper and leaves on the trees in the photo to really bring it all together.
Under the photo on the bottom, I added one of the solid filmstrips from the Gardenia Ultimate Page Kit placed on top of one of the Gardenia Filmstrip Frames. I cut a small strip from the Classics Tapestry Illusion paper and slid it in under the Filmstrip Frame just to add a little orange color there and to make the title pop. I also added a chipboard piece from 2Crafty under the flowers and Filmstrip Frames and placed some of the leaves inside it to bring the arrangement around the bottom under the title. For the title I used a word strip from the Ephemera Bits Pack and a chipboard word, also from 2Crafty, beneath it. On the right side of the title, I added a rub-on from the Botanical Rub-on Transfer Set with a couple of strips of the Palettes Fabric Tape on top to coordinate with the brushstrokes on the top and bottom of the background.
On the top right, I placed some of the same flowers and leaves matching the floral cluster on the bottom to balance out the composition. A couple hearts from the Gardenia Chipboard Word Set with a couple more hearts on top of them from the Wishing Bubbles and Baubles and it’s done!
49 and Market products:
- Spectrum Gardenia Painted Foundations – Brushstrokes – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Ultimate Page Kit – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia Classics – Tapestry Illusion – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Essential Laser Cut Elements – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Leaves Laser Cut Elements – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Ephemera Bits – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Chipboard Words – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – 6×8 Extras Rub-on Transfer Set – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – 6×8 Botanical Rub-on Transfer Set – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – 4″ Palettes Fabric Tape – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Filmstrip Frames – 49 and Market
- Spectrum Gardenia – Wishing Bubbles & Baubles – 49 and Market
- Color Swatch Ocean – Frame Set – 49 and Market
- Wildflowers Paper Flowers – Pacific – 49 and Market
- Royal Spray – Ocean Jade Paper Flowers – 49 and Market
Hope you like this layout and that it has shown you that,
although the bright colors of this collection are beautiful,
so are the more muted ones!