Today I’m up on 49 and Market blog with a new video tutorial where I show you how I make this mixed media canvas featuring the Vintage Artistry Sage collection.
I cut a piece of the Papillon sheet from the Vintage Artistry Sage collection to fit my canvas. Next, I cut the paper into several pieces. When done, I inked the edges of all the paper pieces. I used different stamps from the sets Gratitude Today, Snapshots of Yesterday, Best Ever, and 1787 to stamp the edges of each paper piece.
I painted the canvas with black gesso before gluing all the papers. When done, I added a design with Paper paste and a stencil.
I painted some resin flourishes with brown paint and black gesso. After drying them, I removed the paint from the top of the flourishes. I colored some Country Blooms with Salt Water Taffy and Bodacious Blush inks and I few die cut leaves with My Mojito Green and Cream Brulé Cream inks.
I glued all the elements with 3D Matte Gel. Then, I add some color to the background with the colors used previously. I added some Old Silver wax to the metallic elements and the flourishes. To finish, I added some glitter and pearls.
And here is the video:
49 and Market products:
Vintage Artistry Sage
Snapshots of Yesterday
- Starburst – Lindy’s Gang (My Mojito Green, Salt Water Taffy, Bodacious Blush, Cream Brulée Cream);
- Stencil – A.B. Studio (Stencil ID-91);
- Mould – Prima (Large Fleurish);
- Art Alchemy- Finnabair Prima (Wax: Old Silver);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Black Heavy Gesso, Clear Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel, 3D Matte Gel).
I hope you enjoy the video and that it inspires you!
See you soon!