Hi there once more!
Twice in one week. I am so lucky to be here again so soon. Well, today I have something special to share with you. I have created around a gorgeous photo that always tugs on my heartstrings from of course many years ago. A photo of my daughter at her 7th birthday party talking with a friend of her older sister. It was just a special moment that I captured in one little photo but means so much. So with all this in mind, I wanted it to be a big project but didn’t even have a colour scheme in mind. Sometimes creativity just takes over and it ends up being something you just never imagined ever. So without further ado, this is my project for today…… “Life is better with friends”.
I have used a couple of older collection pieces once more to create with. I am really enjoying challenging myself like this. So starting off with the background I gutted the Tattered Garden piece and used the gutted piece as my layering. The framework was used as a frame for the cut down piece of Crossroads. I did a little distressing and warping of the paper as you will see. I adhered this to the framework and then laid some texture over the background using my Dusty Attic brickwork stencil and Paper Texture Paste. Once this dried I then added in some white crackle paste to add a thicker layer. I then cut the gutted Tattered Garden piece and cut it’s die-cut tickets like they are on the back. Some of these were then cut in halves to go further. I made a layered up mat using old leftover board and attached this to the layout.
I also went in and added more texture over the paper matting. I popped my photo behind a Dusty Attic Frame that was dressed in white gesso and Pigments. I also added in some Black Soot distress ink to highlight areas of the frame. This was adhered to the background and then I went to work on adding in the window shutters that were dressed in Folk Art Concrete and Moss Finishes. I then cut the smaller Dusty Attic Heraldry Motif into two pieces and dressed it in the Concrete and Moss colours. They were then attached to the top of the paper matting. I ran a piece of twine running underneath the Dusty Attic Frame and through the Heraldry Motif and back around. The larger piece of the Heraldry Motif was tied below the picture frame with the leftover twine.
I then moved on to embellishing my layout using a multitude of different collections of flowers. By the time I got to this piece of the project I still wasn’t too sure what colours I was going to add. I finally decided on the Shadow from the older Potpourri collection and Ginger from the more recent Wildflowers collection. I removed all of the green pieces and went to work layering and clustering. Into my clusters I added some little wooden cut out pieces from my stash. I also painted some burlap ribbon with white gesso and distressed it and added it into some areas of my project.
Lastly, I made some border edges using a mould and modeling material. These were cut and spread out around the edges of my paper mats. I coloured these also. I added in some stamping using the gorgeous Snapshots of Yesterday stamp set with Black Soot Distress Ink. I dry brushed my project with white gesso and then added a little more colour to the brick textures to give them some definition using my Couture pigment colours. Last but not least I added in a perfect Dusty Attic Chipboard title and then I was finished. Well, I do hope you enjoyed my post today and that you stay safe and well in our unpredictable times. Take care and happy crafting.
Laser Cut Sheet
Snapshots of Yesterday
- Dusty Attic Chipboards
- Dusty Attic Stencil
- Couture Creations Pigments
- Folk Art Concrete – Light
- Folk Art Concrete – Dark
- Folk Art Moss – Dark
- Folk Art Moss – Light
- Liquitex Gesso Clear and White
- Finnabair Paper Texture Paste
- Finnabair White Crackle Paste
- Finnabair Art Stones in differing Sizes
- Prima Marketing Mould
- Re-design Modeling Material