Today I’m up on the 49 and Market blog with a new layout featuring the Remnant mini collection. The collection is perfect for vintage photos like this photo from Milton Greene. As usual, I’ve recorded the process.
As I normally did, I began with the stamping. I prefer to stamp before priming the background to obtain a crisp image of the stamp. Here, I’ve used the Springtime Harmony stamp. Next, I added a design with a stencil and paper paste.
I primed some resin elements with black gesso. Next, I colored them with waxes. I used Vintage Gold, Burgundy to match the color’s flowers, and White Gold to highlight the details.
I colored the leaves from the Sugar Petals flowers with Pete Pegleg Purple. I die cut some leaves in a watercolor paper and colored them with the same ink and Buccaneer Bay Blue. Next, I teared up some washi tape that I add to the background before coloring the design with Whale Watch Blue, Open Arms Amethyst, and Pete Pegleg Purple.
I built my composition around the photo, starting with the biggest resin elements like the clock or the door plate, then I arranged the flowers, the leaves, and lastly a few laser-cut elements from the bonus page. I teared up a piece of cream lacey trim to add to the composition as well. To finish the layout, I added sequins and glitter.
I hope you will enjoy watching the video:
49 and Market products:
Bonus Laser Cut
Vintage Artistry Lilac
- Starburst – Lindy’s Gang (Whale Watch Blue, Open Arms Amethyst);
- Moonshadow Mist – Lindy’s Gang (Pete Pegleg Purple, Buccaneer Bay Blue);
- Stencil – A.B. Studio (Stencil ID-90);
- Molds – Prima (Objects Labels, Numerals, Elysian Clockworks, Keys);
- Art Ingredients – Finnabair Prima (Glitter Luminous Set);
- Art Alchemy – Finnabair Prima (Waxes: Vintage Gold, Burgandy, White Gold);
- Art Extravagance – Finnabair Prima (Paper Paste);
- Art Basics – Finnabair Prima (Clear Gesso, Heavy Black Gesso, 3D Matte Gel Soft Gloss Gel).
I hope you find some inspiration! See you soon!