Hi there and welcome friends. Today I am back with another project this time using the oh so gorgeous Ethereal Mini Collection. I can’t tell you how much I have wanted to create with this collection. So without further ado this is my layout project titled “Happy Feet”. I hope you enjoy it!
For this project I used almost all of the sheets bar one from the pack. I cut them into pieces and layered them on top of one another with lots of distressed edges and pretty colours to compliment my fun and memorable photo of my youngest daughter on a swing so many years ago. And I love this photo of the bottom of her feet. There were a lot of photos from this series and they are all fun. But there is just something about this photo that tugged at my heart strings. I decided to print the photo off in black and white and lighten the edges using a sanding block. I also lightened the edges of some of my papers to using the sanding block also. This is one technique I love to use to give my pages that shabby chic effect.
I then went on to use the leftover pieces to make mats to sit behind my photo. Over the photo I laid the Archival Board String Frame from the “Happy Moments” archival board set. I also used the title word “Happy” for this project too. Once these pieces were all adhered down I worked on the embellishing of my layout. My first thing that I did was to use the Laser cuts from the collection pack. These pieces are just amazing. The intricacy in each and every piece is beyond phenomenal. I am quite glad that I did not have to cut these pieces myself. I layered these through and around the string frame and photo. When I was happy with all the positioning I decided that I would add in some gorgeous Scarlett flowers from the Country Blooms and Wildflowers collections. I only used a few from each pack to help give my photo a base to sit upon.
I also added in some of the clock faces from the reverse of the cover sheet. These have been cut in half to make them go further around the layout. I distressed the edges and adhered them in. I also added in some tea stained muslin and I decided that it needed a little random stamping with Watering Can Archival ink and a script stamp from the 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Stamp Set. Last but not least I did a little dry brushing with some white gesso and I also added in some splatters of white.
Products I Used:
Other Products Used:
Archival Ink Watering Can
Well that is all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project. Stay tuned tomorrow for more beautiful work from the design team.
Until next time take care and happy crafting.