Today I bring you an Explosion Box with a surprise mini album inside. This time I used the beautiful papers in the Spectrum Sherbet Solids Pack and also the Foundation paper pack =. I wanted to show the range of gorgeous colors in 1 project. This was the perfect project to do! A true confection! I used most of the colors in the range, sticking to the lighter shades.
When you open the lid and the walls come tumbling down, you will find a tiny mini-album. I constructed it using chipboard and covered it with paper and added 4 pages. Each page has a Spectrum Sherbet laser-cut tab. The small tabs were the perfect size for this mini. I adhered 1 to each page.
This is the view of the explosion box completely open. There are 3 layers. Each layer contains pockets, belly bands, or foldovers.
Inside of each pocket, belly band or fold overs, contains Spectrum Sherbet tags, accordion-folded papers, and/or specimen cards, and small cards, all created with Spectrum Sherbet papers. I added Spectrum Sherbet Leaves rub- ons to each corner heart, and added the Roughly Sewn Rub Ons on the pockets.
Here is a closeup of the mini-album. It measures 3×3 inches. I hand-tinted some Sari Ribbon using Distress Ink in Twisted Citron. It was the perfect color and matched the papers beautifully. I tied the ribbon, along with some Single Ply Jute around the spine. I decorated the cover with flowers, leaves, Spectrum Sherbet Chipboard, and a laser-cut for the sentiment. I layered it behind the chipboard and added some Sherbet Wishing Bubbles and Baubles to simulate brads.
I also used the ribbon and jute cording around the outside lid of the box. I chose a variety of flowers for the lid. 49 and Market has so many to choose from. Get them while you can because they sell out really fast. I used flowers from 7 different collections, but they all coordinate so well. At the base of the lid, I used Spectrum Sherbet Washi tape. The one with the dots. 49 and Market Washi Tape is so versatile. And so beautiful!!
- Spectrum/Sherbet 12×12 Sherbet Solids Pack
- Spectrum Sherbet 12×12 Sherbet Foundations Pack
- Spectrum/Sherbet Tag Set
- Spectrum Sherbet Chipboard Words
- Spectrum/Sherbet Washi Tape Assortment Set
- Spectrum/Sherbet Chipboard Set
- Spectrum/Sherbet Essential Laser Cut Elements
- Spectrum Sherbet Strawberry Lemonade Laser Cut Elements
- Spectrum Sherbet-Leaves Rub On Transfer Set
- Majestic Bouquet Flowers: Mango
- Royal Posies Mango Paper Flowers
- Royal Spray-Passion Pink Paper Flowers
- Royal Spray-Bashful Paper Flowers
- Enchanted Petals-Mint Paper Flowers
- Garden Petals- Sea Glass
- Sugar Petals-Tutti Frutti
- Roughly Sewn Rub-Ons in white
- Jute Cording Single Ply
I hope you enjoyed this project, and that you are inspired to create your own Explosion Box.
I had a lot of fun creating this, and I think I can even add more surprise elements to it.
Have a beautiful day!! xo